At Gannon's we are committed to reducing our carbon footprint and waste by using environmentally ethical practices in all areas of our business. We are constantly working as a team to develop policies and procedures to ensure we meet our targets.
Since 2012 we have been involved with the Belmont BEC's Green Energy Project. The project is aimed at small to medium enterprises and helps them understand the benefits of using environmentally ethical practices in areas of their businesses.
In order to achieve our goals, we identified key areas within our business to reduce our environmental impact:
- Introduce and use more natural lighting
- Using low energy lighting
- Turning off all non-essential lighting
- Deploying a paperless order management system to reduce paper usage
- Increase recycling of papers, plastics and aluminium containers
- Colour manufacturing:
- All inks and dyes are of high quality with no heavy metals or nasty chemicals
- All transfer materials are recycled post production
- Excess and waste fabrics are recycled and reused where possible, part of our “Fabric Recovery Project”. We also donate fabrics to various charity organisations.
- Turning off all computer hardware, where possible, when not in regular use and after hours
- Supporting local business initiatives to reduce waste and carbon emissions
Part of our five year business plan is to:
- 100% offset our power consumption using Solar Power
- Convert all light to low energy LED
- Recover, filter and recycle rain water rain water
Environmental initiatives don't have to come at additional cost, and at Gannon's we have managed to introduce these policies without impacting on our costs of business.
Our values are simple - by reducing waste and emissions today, we can all live in a healthier and more sustainable tomorrow.